Updated: Sep. 26, 2022
The Sower’s Cup Homebrew Competition
October 14 & 15, 2022
Hosted by the
Lincoln Lagers Homebrew Club
Sanctioned by the
American Homebrewers Association
A BJCP Registered Competition • Accepting entries in all categories, including mead and cider • Open to any U.S. residents 21 years of age or older
The Sower’s Cup is a participating event in the following awards circuits for 2022:
Thank you for your interest in the Sower’s Cup. Our volunteer staff is working around the clock to update our competition information. Additional information can be found here to get labels and pay your fees!
Important Dates & Schedule of Judging Sessions
Entry Registration Opens: Monday, Aug. 29, 2022
Entry Registration Deadline: Friday, Sept. 30, 2022
- … or once entry limit is reached.
- All entries must be received by October 3rd, 2022.
Pre-event Judging Sessions: Tuesday, Oct. 11 & Wednesday, Oct. 12
- Detailed information will be published at the beginning of October.
- Depending on our entry count and table sizes, early judging rounds will take place at these times.
Evening Judging Session: Friday, Oct. 14, 2022
- Tentative check-in time by 5:30 p.m. Dinner provided!
Morning Judging Session: Saturday, Oct. 15, 2022
- Tentative check-in time is 7:30 a.m. Breakfast provided!
Afternoon Judging Session: Saturday, Oct. 15, 2022
- Tentative check-in time 11:30 p.m. Lunch provided!
Sower’s Cup Winners Announced: Saturday, Oct. 15, 2022
- Online awards announcement TBA. Keep your eye here and on Facebook for the latest updates!
All dates and times are always subject to change. As we get closer to the competition dates, we will have a better idea on our entry numbers, categories and judges. In the meantime, we will do our best to keep the most current and up-to-date information posted here on this web page and at lincolnlagers.com/cup/.
Like the rest of the country, our club is made up of brewers in all shapes and sizes, all religions and political beliefs, IPA lovers and IPA haters. While moving forward and planning the event, we had to weigh out a lot of variables, most importantly how they hit close to home with the current health issues of loved ones of a few key volunteers.
While we know that the COVID-19 vaccine can’t give us 100% guarantees, making it a requirement for all our volunteers became the only way to give this year a thumbs up. We are truly sorry if this prevents anyone from helping us make the event a success, and we hope that you will consider being part of the Sower’s Cup again in the future.
To everyone who is fully vaccinated and can make it, please plan on a fun Sower’s Cup.
Check the other pages on our website for additional info on the following:
- Entry Limits & Specialty Categories
- Scale-up Contests
- Sign-up for Judges and Stewards
- Sign-up for Volunteers
- Volunteer Meals
- Banquet Dinner & Awards Ceremony
- Competition Location & Lodging
- List of Sponsors and Contributors
21+ Only – ID REQUIRED!
Our Safe Alcohol Consumption Policy:
4. All judges & stewards agree to a Code of Conduct upon registering for their participation:
My participation in this judging is entirely voluntary. I know that participation in this judging involves consumption of alcoholic beverages and that this consumption may affect my perceptions and reactions.
By checking this box, I am effectively signing a legal document wherein I accept responsibility for my conduct, behavior and actions and completely absolve the competition and its organizers, individually or collectively, of responsibility for my conduct, behavior and actions.
We care about our volunteers’ safety! Drink responsibly!
The information here for 2022 is a work in progress. Check for the dates at the top of the pages for the most recent content.
Thank you for your patience! Cheers!
3 Responses to The Sower’s Cup
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- American Homebrewers Association
- Benson Homebrew Club – Benson (Omaha), NE
- Brauer Unterstützungs Verein – Omaha, NE
- Kansas City Biermeisters
- L.A.G.E.R.S. – Louisville, KY
- Local 402 Brewers Union – Omaha, NE
- OmaHops Brewing Club – Omaha NE
- Railroaders Brew Club – Omaha, NE
- South Omaha Brewers – Omaha, NE
- Benson Brewery – Omaha, NE
- Farnam House Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Gottberg Brewery & Pub – Columbus, NE
- Infusion Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Jaipur Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Lucky Bucket Brewing – Omaha, NE
- Nebraska Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Schilling Bridge Brewery & Winery – Pawnee City, NE
- Scratchtown Brewing – Ord, NE
- Thunderhead Brewing – Kearney, NE
- Upstream Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE