2017 Bus Trip – Enjoy Nebraska’s Heartland!
Date: Saturday, April 8th, 2017
Times: Load at 8:30 AM | Depart Lincoln at 9:00 AM | Return to Lincoln around 9:00 PM
Destinations: Grand Island, Hastings, Fairfield, and Seward, NE
Cost: $35 per Club Member – or – $45 per Non-Member seat.
Each Club Member may purchase one “Plus-One” $35 member ticket for their significant other or family member.
(Friends do not qualify as a plus-one – but they can join the club to get the Member rate!)
Buy Your Bus Tickets Here!!
Want to buy more than one ticket? Here’s how to do it:
When you click “Add to Cart”, your PayPal shopping cart will open up in a new tab or window.
Leave that window open, but switch back to this tab/window to keep shopping.
Type in the second bus rider’s name, select their ticket type, and click “Add to Cart” again.
When you go back to view your shopping cart, and it should now show multiple items in your cart.
Repeat this as many times as necessary! When you’re finished, click “Check Out” and complete your order.
Brewery Visit Schedule:
10:30 – 12:30 Prairie Pride Brewing Co. featuring lunch from Wave Pizza!
2:15 – 3:30 Steeple Brewing Co.
4:00 – 6:00 Opera House Brewery & Grill featuring a hot Buffet Dinner!6:00 – 7:30 Leave Fairfield, drive to SEWARD
7:30 – 8:30 Bottle Rocket Brewing Co.
8:30 – 9:00 Drive back to Lincoln
Tips for riding the Lincoln Lagers Bus:
- Consider bringing a reusable tasting cup, whether glass or plastic, to cut down on the number of disposable cups we use. We try to be green about our impact.
- We take this opportunity to share brews amongst our fellow home brewers. Some of these brews will be strong. Some of them will be ridiculously strong. The bus trip is a time when many of us raid our bottle cellars, pick out rare gems, whether they be oaked, smoked, bugged, soured, or just hopped beyond reason. If you are not careful, you will be drunk sooner than you expect to. Plan ahead. Bring some Tums, some crackers, whatever it is you need to stay on the level.
- Drink lots of water. Before, Throughout, After.
- Don’t forget to feed yourself. It’s easy to trick your body into thinking that beer IS food, but you need some solid stuff in you as well.
- If the bus is filled to capacity, things can get rather, um, “intimate” between us. That means elbows in personal space, occasional smells, etc.
Consider choosing foods and snacks that won’t become ticking time bombs in your gut, as you don’t want to fumigate your fellow brewers, or to be fumigated by them.
And likewise, leave the particularly-strong colognes for another day, with better ventilated spaces.
- “Pack just enough to get by, but bring everything you need.”
Simple, right? But, consider that space -WILL- be at a premium if we sell out every last one of our tickets. So if all of your bottles fit in your smaller cooler, don’t bring the 120 Qt. fishing trip monstrosity, bring the smaller one instead.
- Likewise, expect the bus to be equally well-filled on the way back, as all of our souvenirs and take-home beers will fill in the gaps left by the bottles we emptied earlier in the day.
- You’re welcome to bring a snack to share on the bus ride! Pass it on down the aisle!
- Drink responsibly, enjoy each others’ company, and have fun!
- American Homebrewers Association
- Benson Homebrew Club – Benson (Omaha), NE
- Brauer Unterstützungs Verein – Omaha, NE
- Kansas City Biermeisters
- L.A.G.E.R.S. – Louisville, KY
- Local 402 Brewers Union – Omaha, NE
- OmaHops Brewing Club – Omaha NE
- Railroaders Brew Club – Omaha, NE
- South Omaha Brewers – Omaha, NE
- Benson Brewery – Omaha, NE
- Borgata Brewery & Distillery – Omaha, NE
- Farnam House Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Gottberg Brewery & Pub – Columbus, NE
- Infusion Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Jaipur Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Lucky Bucket Brewing – Omaha, NE
- Nebraska Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Schilling Bridge Brewery & Winery – Pawnee City, NE
- Scratchtown Brewing – Ord, NE
- Spilker Ales – Cortland, NE
- Thunderhead Brewing – Kearney, NE
- Upstream Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE