STAY TUNED FOR MORE 2018 INFORMATION!
Bottle Entry Requirement:
For each entry you submit, we require (2) 12-oz bottles of your beer, mead, or cider.
Please note: If you wish to enter the same batch of beer in a regular base style and also in the Saturday Morning Cartoons: Breakfast Cereal Beers Special Contest, we will require (4) bottles total. These two categories will be judged separately, possibly at different times, therefore please send 2 bottles for each entry, registered separately.
Extra bottles are not required for the TBD! Scale-Up contest, as the specialty entry tasting will take place at the same time as Best Of Show judging and the same entry bottle will be shared between both judging tables.
Bottles should be free of any identifying information (no stickers, handwriting, labels, etc. still attached). Bottles with raised embossing (Sam Adams, etc.) are permitted. Gold, silver, or black caps are preferred but colored caps will not be disqualified. If your caps have any kind of lettering or design, please black them out completely with permanent black ink.
We will provide feedback using standard written BJCP Scoresheets.
We will accept 500 entries this year – so bring it on! Don’t be shy!
Each brewer may submit only ONE (1) entry per Sub-Category in any category that is not listed below.
You may enter as many Sub-Categories as you would like.
In order to open our event to those of you who get creative with styles, we have lifted the limit on entries in the specialty categories.
Come again? This means you are now able to enter as many beers as you want to in any specialty categories so long as every entry you submit is different and unique from each other!
The categories that are open to multiple entries include:
21B Specialty IPA
23F Fruit Lambic
All sub-categories from 27 thru 34.
(e.g. Historical, wild, fruit, spice, alternative, smoked, wood & clone)
All Mead categories are excepted from the limit.
All Cider categories are excepted from the limit.
35A – “Saturday Morning Breakfast Cartoons” Cereal Beer Contest
- American Homebrewers Association
- Benson Homebrew Club – Benson (Omaha), NE
- Brauer Unterstützungs Verein – Omaha, NE
- Kansas City Biermeisters
- L.A.G.E.R.S. – Louisville, KY
- Local 402 Brewers Union – Omaha, NE
- OmaHops Brewing Club – Omaha NE
- Railroaders Brew Club – Omaha, NE
- South Omaha Brewers – Omaha, NE
- Benson Brewery – Omaha, NE
- Borgata Brewery & Distillery – Omaha, NE
- Farnam House Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Gottberg Brewery & Pub – Columbus, NE
- Infusion Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Jaipur Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Lucky Bucket Brewing – Omaha, NE
- Nebraska Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Schilling Bridge Brewery & Winery – Pawnee City, NE
- Scratchtown Brewing – Ord, NE
- Spilker Ales – Cortland, NE
- Thunderhead Brewing – Kearney, NE
- Upstream Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE