Presenting the 2014 Lincoln Lagers Bus Trip – Omaha, NE
We’re traveling in a very comfortable bus chartered by Arrow Stage Lines, which will be equipped with a restroom, and will have a few seats reserved to store everyone’s kegs and coolers. This year, the bus is heading to a nearby destinatoion that is absolutely hopping with all their new breweries and taprooms: that’s right, we’re talking about Omaha, NE!
Date: Saturday, March 1st, 2014
Time: 9:00AM Depart Lincoln / est. ~7:30PM Return to Lincoln
- Nebraska Brewing Co.
- Benson Brewery
- Infusion Brewing
- (Formerly) Goldenrod Brewing Co.
- Borgata Brewery
Cost per ticket:
2014 Lagers Members: $TBD
Where to buy tickets:
Buy your ticket in person at our December, January, or February Club Meetings -OR- email us at Lincoln.Lagers.Beer.Club@gmail.com, and we will send you instructions for paying online via PayPal.
Where to find the bus:
The bus loading point is at Indian Village Shopping Center, 13th & Arapahoe, Lincoln, NE. We will leave Lincoln AT 9:00AM SHARP. Please arrive by 8:45AM to allow a couple minutes to unload your car, pack onto the bus, get settled, etc.
This year, we should be back to Lincoln between 7:30pm-8:00pm. If you have a ride coming to pick you up, let them know that our return time is contingent on how long the trip back takes. If you need to contact your ride, make sure to bring your cell phone or other messaging device.
We’d love to meet up with you at each stop! Watch this page for a more detailed listing of where we will be, at what times.
Remember, there are a limited number of seats available, and when the bus is full, it’s full baby! Buy your tickets NOW before they’re gone!
Tips for riding the Lincoln Lagers Bus:
- Consider bringing a reusable tasting cup, whether glass or plastic, to cut down on the number of disposable cups we use. We try to be green about our impact.
- We take this opportunity to share brews amongst our fellow home brewers. Some of these brews will be strong. Some of them will be ridiculously strong. The bus trip is a time when many of us raid our bottle cellars, pick out rare gems, whether they be oaked, smoked, bugged, soured, or just hopped beyond reason. If you are not careful, you will be drunk sooner than you expect to. Plan ahead. Bring some Tums, some crackers, whatever it is you need to stay on the level.
- Drink lots of water. Before, Throughout, After.
- Don’t forget to feed yourself. It’s easy to trick your body into thinking that beer IS food, but you need some solid stuff in you as well.
- If the bus is filled to capacity, things can get rather, um, “intimate” between us. That means elbows in personal space, occasional smells, etc.
Consider choosing foods and snacks that won’t become ticking time bombs in your gut, as you don’t want to fumigate your fellow brewers, or to be fumigated by them.
And likewise, leave the particularly-strong colognes for another day, with better ventilated spaces.
- “Pack just enough to get by, but bring everything you need.”
Simple, right? But, consider that space -WILL- be at a premium if we sell out every last one of our tickets. So if all of your bottles fit in your smaller cooler, don’t bring the 120 Qt. fishing trip monstrosity, bring the smaller one instead.
- Likewise, expect the bus to be equally well-filled on the way back, as all of our souvenirs and take-home beers will fill in the gaps left by the bottles we emptied earlier in the day.
- You’re welcome to bring a snack to share on the bus ride! Pass it on down the aisle!
- Drink responsibly, enjoy each others’ company, and have fun!
One Response to Bus Trip 2014
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- American Homebrewers Association
- Benson Homebrew Club – Benson (Omaha), NE
- Brauer Unterstützungs Verein – Omaha, NE
- Kansas City Biermeisters
- L.A.G.E.R.S. – Louisville, KY
- Local 402 Brewers Union – Omaha, NE
- OmaHops Brewing Club – Omaha NE
- Railroaders Brew Club – Omaha, NE
- South Omaha Brewers – Omaha, NE
- Benson Brewery – Omaha, NE
- Farnam House Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Gottberg Brewery & Pub – Columbus, NE
- Infusion Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Jaipur Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Lucky Bucket Brewing – Omaha, NE
- Nebraska Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Schilling Bridge Brewery & Winery – Pawnee City, NE
- Scratchtown Brewing – Ord, NE
- Thunderhead Brewing – Kearney, NE
- Upstream Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE