The full Bus Trip details are posted on the Info Page — Click Here.
Please join us Thursday, December 6th at 7:00pm for our December Club Meeting. We will be visiting the brand-new Zipline Brewing Co., where our host, Zipline head brewer and Lagers member Marcus Powers, will offer us a tour of their facility. Plus, we get to try some of Zipline’s beer!
Click here for the Lagers’ Forum Thread, including address & directions: http://www.lincolnlagers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=698
Agenda items for December include…
– Tour of the Zipline brew house
– 2013 Lagers Bus Trip announcement & ticket sales
– Last Call for Volunteers to donate beer & pour at Winterfest Ales & Auction, sign up by 12/25! Contact Chris E. for more info.
– Registration opens in late Dec. for the Upper Mississippi Mash-Out Homebrew Comp.
– The next AHA Club Only Comp. for Jan./Feb. 2013 is the theme “Un-Session Beers” – beers over 1.040. List of acceptable styles on the Lagers’ Forum.
– KC Biermeisters 30th Annual Comp. is coming soon, held on Feb. 15 & 16, 2013.
Huge Congratulations to Lagers member & Beer Quest Winner Tim Thomssen!
Tim has been a very busy braumeister this year: First, he brewed all of those single-hop IPAs for the Hop Tasting early on in 2012, and then cranked out batches of Cheech & Chong Pale Ale like it was going out of style. He also hosted numerous Lagers’ events at his house, and spent his time crafting the super-swanky Lagers Beer Tap Tower that has already seen a lot of action this year… The list goes on, and on!
But somehow, Superman Tim still managed to find enough time to brew a wicked “Smashed Out Of Your Gourd Pumpkin Ale” which cleaned up the competition at Lazlo’s Beer Quest on Sunday, November 11, 2013. Job well done, Tim, and thanks for representing the Lagers at the event! You rock!
Date: Saturday, October 6th, 2012
Time: 5:00 pm – Whenever
Address: 330 South 44th St.
In addition to the monthly meeting activities, Ryan is hosting his annual commercial beer tasting, “The Hair of the Un-Bitten Dog”.
As usual, we encourage all of those attending to bring a commercial or homebrew to share. Ryan will have some delicious meats to eat, but please bring a SIDE DISH.
Once again this year, Ryan will also going to hold a “Best of Show Competition” between the homebrewers. This competition will be based on the people’s choice. Everyone in attendance will have a vote to determine the “Best of Show Winner.” The winner will have their name placed on a traveling trophy and awarded a cash prize.
We have a small change to the format for the competition on Saturday (10/6/2012)! Due to the potentially large number of entries, we will limit the quantity to the first 20 that show up and register. The fee is only $1. Plus, all beers should be under 8% ABV. Ryan will need to sign you in at the meeting on Saturday. Arrangements for entries can be made with Ryan by contacting him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Judging will be done Saturday at the meeting, it will *not* be done Friday night as previously announced.
See you in October! And don’t forget about the Nebraska State Stroke Foundation’s Okto-Beerfest tasting event, which is coming up soon on Thursday, October 11, 2012 at the Lancaster County Event Center. You can check out the Event’s Facebook Page here, or you can go directly to the Four Star Gifts web site to buy tickets!
You should definitely consider attending this fantastic night of fermented offerings, firstly to cheer on your fellow Lincoln Lagers who will be serving our homebrewed beers at the event, but also to check out all of the breweries & wineries in attendance and to support the Foundation!
Edit: The event was a blast, everything went really well!! Check out our photos here: https://picasaweb.google.com/Lincoln.Lagers.Beer.Club/2012GreatNebraskaBeerFest
The Lincoln Lagers are excited to serve a selection of our home-brewed beers to the public at the Great Nebraska Beer Fest, this coming Saturday, August 25, 2012!
Sunday, November 14th, the Bricktop Tap House will be hosting a very special event for a very important cause, ‘Drink Local Beer Fest to Benefit Pints for Prostates.’ This will be a fundraiser featuring ONLY Nebraska made craft beer, including some one-off limited beers brewed especially for this event that will not be available elsewhere for sale. Pints for Prostates is a grassroots campaign that uses the universal language of beer to reach men with an important health message, prostate cancer awareness.
The event will begin at 2 PM and last until 8 PM. There will be a $15 entrance at the door which includes a souvenir tasting glass and drink tickets to use for the featured local beers. Additional drink tickets and event t-shirts will be available for purchase inside.
Brewers and representatives from the Nebraska breweries will be on hand to mingle and talk beer. Breweries include: Empyrean, Lucky Bucket, Modern Monks, Nebraska Brewing Company, SchillingBridge, Spilker Ales, Thunderhead, and Upstream.
Some of the special local beers you can expect:
- Modern Monks ~ Smoked Eisbock
- Modern Monks ~ Bob 4.0 (sour ale)
- Empyrean ~ Beer Quest Mochochino Milk Stout on Cask
- Empyrean ~ Harvest Ale
- Nebraska Brewing ~ Smoked Porter
- Spilker Ales ~ New Zealand Hopped Hopluia
- Upstream ~ Bauman’s Hop Farm Rye IPA
- Upstream ~ Rauchbier
- Lucky Bucket ~ Certified Evil
- Thunderhead ~ Grand Cru (Saison)
In addition to the all the great local beer, Pints for Prostates has provided us with raffle tickets for a chance to win a beer lovers dream trip to the beer capitals of Europe, hosted by BeerTrips.com. This amazing beer trip includes roundtrip airfare for two, nine nights hotel, brewery tours, pub crawls, and train/coach transportation through Prague, Bamberg, & Munich during the 2011 Oktoberfest. Raffle tickets will be available for a $10 donation, 3 for a $25 donation, and 7 for a $50 donation. Proceeds will benefit Pints for Prostates.
Please mark your calendar for this great event and important cause. Join Pints for Prostates in ‘Reaching Men Through the Universal Language of Beer.’
- American Homebrewers Association
- Benson Homebrew Club – Benson (Omaha), NE
- Brauer Unterstützungs Verein – Omaha, NE
- Kansas City Biermeisters
- L.A.G.E.R.S. – Louisville, KY
- Local 402 Brewers Union – Omaha, NE
- OmaHops Brewing Club – Omaha NE
- Railroaders Brew Club – Omaha, NE
- South Omaha Brewers – Omaha, NE
- Benson Brewery – Omaha, NE
- Farnam House Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Gottberg Brewery & Pub – Columbus, NE
- Infusion Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Jaipur Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Lucky Bucket Brewing – Omaha, NE
- Nebraska Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Schilling Bridge Brewery & Winery – Pawnee City, NE
- Scratchtown Brewing – Ord, NE
- Thunderhead Brewing – Kearney, NE
- Upstream Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE