The next monthly meeting of the Lincoln Lagers Homebrew Club will take place via Zoom. (Yes, yes, I know. I want to share my homebrew and I want to drink your homebrew, but not this month. Not yet.)
Date: Nov. 5, 2020, Time: 6:30 p.m. Join the Zoom meeting with the link and password in the Novembeer Brewsletter.
LINCOLN LAGERS CLUB-ONLY COMP… The Club-only 2020 Edition of the Sower’s Cup: Our normal club-sponsored comp has been postponed due to the virus, however, the Lagers are hosting an event where the only requirement is for you to use Imperial Yeast for your fermentation. There are four basic categories: Light, Dark, Hoppy and Wild. The slightly extended deadline for entries is now Nov. 7. The judging will take place shortly after that. Lots of fun prizes for top finishers. Register your beer brewed with Imperial yeast right here! Keep your eyes here on the website and on Facebook for any last-minute updates.
David A. Oenbring … Lastly and sadly, we have to a death in the brewing family to report. I got the phone call on the 8th of October from Dave’s wife Janice. Dave lost his battle with cancer and passed away peacefully at home, with “JD” and the cats by his side. Anybody here that’s had anything to do with homebrew or the Lincoln Lagers in the last twenty or so years, had to have crossed paths with Dave O. He was knowledgeable about a myriad of topics, not just beer and spirits. And his dry sense of humor was one of the driest, for sure. When it came to homebrew and brewing beer, however, Dave walked the walk and talked the talk. In addition to being the club president for a few years, he brewed professionally with the Modern Monks and was always willing to share his knowledge with some constructive feedback. Having the luck of the draw to have known Brother Dave — as a personal friend and fellow Lincoln Lager — we’re not all just better homebrewers, we’re better people. Cheers to you, Dave! May you rest in peace.
A memorial service will be held on Friday, November 6, 2020, at 2:00 pm at Lincoln Memorial Funeral Home, 6800 South 14th Street, Lincoln, NE 68512.
The link to the obituary: Lincoln Journal Star
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- American Homebrewers Association
- Benson Homebrew Club – Benson (Omaha), NE
- Brauer Unterstützungs Verein – Omaha, NE
- Kansas City Biermeisters
- L.A.G.E.R.S. – Louisville, KY
- Local 402 Brewers Union – Omaha, NE
- OmaHops Brewing Club – Omaha NE
- Railroaders Brew Club – Omaha, NE
- South Omaha Brewers – Omaha, NE
- Benson Brewery – Omaha, NE
- Farnam House Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Gottberg Brewery & Pub – Columbus, NE
- Infusion Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Jaipur Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Lucky Bucket Brewing – Omaha, NE
- Nebraska Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Schilling Bridge Brewery & Winery – Pawnee City, NE
- Scratchtown Brewing – Ord, NE
- Thunderhead Brewing – Kearney, NE
- Upstream Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE