Swap Meet & Learn To Homebrew Day
Saturday, November 9th, 10am-4pm
Zipline Brewing Co.
Please join us (while the Huskers play an away game at Michigan) on Nov. 9th for our next club meeting.
Zipline Brewing Co. will be hosting this year’s brewing demonstration and swap meet at their taproom in West Lincoln on S. Coddington and Magnum Cir.
Our all-grain brewing demonstration will be held outdoors (sorry, you’ve gotta leave your glass of beer inside!) during this event, and anyone of any skill level is invited to watch a brewday take place and ask any questions. Here is an approximate schedule:
10:00am – Setup demo
10:30am – Begin all-grain mash
11:30am – Collect & sparge beer wort
12:00pm – Boil begins
1:00pm – Finish boiling, collect wort
1:30pm – Brew day finished
Our 3rd annual equipment swap meet will be held on the same day between 10am-3pm.
Anyone and everyone are invited to shop at our swap meet and make purchases. Cash sales only.
Any current 2013 Lagers members are welcome to sell goods at the event. At the end when each person cashes out, the club will take a small cut of your total sales for the day.
Members, please check your beer gear boxes and closets for any old and unwanted equipment you’ve got that is gathering dust. Let’s put ’em into the hands of someone who wants it!
For questions or more info, check the forum thread, or drop us a note and we’ll get in touch.
Lagers to host new Beer Competition within High Plains competition circuit
September 2014 will mark the arrival of a new BJCP-sanctioned homebrewed beer competition, which will be an addition to the existing High Plains Brewer Of The Year and Club Of The Year competition circuits.
After a vigorous discussion (Apostrophes are SERIOUS BUSINESS, y’all) the Lincoln Lagers are excited to unveil the name of our new competition:
The Sower’s Cup, Sponsored by the Lincoln Lagers
Stay tuned as we iron out all of the details and rules…
Thursday, December 5, 2013
If you want to order dinner, feel free to come as early as 6:00pm, so that you can chow down before the meeting begins, which will be around 7:00pm.
We will have another Tech Topic this month: Kim Theesen will offer a demonstration on kegging.
We also plan to bring back the Tasting Challenge, where you blind-taste similarly-styled commercial beers and try to guess what beers they are (and also decide whether they’re any good!).
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- American Homebrewers Association
- Benson Homebrew Club – Benson (Omaha), NE
- Brauer Unterstützungs Verein – Omaha, NE
- Kansas City Biermeisters
- L.A.G.E.R.S. – Louisville, KY
- Local 402 Brewers Union – Omaha, NE
- OmaHops Brewing Club – Omaha NE
- Railroaders Brew Club – Omaha, NE
- South Omaha Brewers – Omaha, NE
- Benson Brewery – Omaha, NE
- Borgata Brewery & Distillery – Omaha, NE
- Farnam House Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Gottberg Brewery & Pub – Columbus, NE
- Infusion Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Jaipur Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Lucky Bucket Brewing – Omaha, NE
- Nebraska Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Schilling Bridge Brewery & Winery – Pawnee City, NE
- Scratchtown Brewing – Ord, NE
- Spilker Ales – Cortland, NE
- Thunderhead Brewing – Kearney, NE
- Upstream Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE