A Benefit for the Nebraska State Stroke Association
Sponsored by the Greater Lincoln Sertoma Club
Thursday, October 1, 2009, 6:00-9:00 pm
Lancaster Event Center
(84th & Havelock Avenue)
Tickets in advance are $25; at the door $30 (*must be 21 years of age to purchase tickets or attend the event).
Our brew club – the Lincoln Lagers – will have home-brew at this event. Several area microbreweries and distributors will be there. Last year there was an estimated 150 different beers available for sampling. There were also about a dozen or so restaurants in attendance. Your entry fee gets you the brew and food… as much as you can eat and drink. There are also other commercial booths, a silent auction, and some live music.
If you need an event ticket, talk to Kim T! You can send him a message here if you are a registered forum member!
September Meeting will be the Annual Lincoln Lagers Picnic. See the Calendar Thread in the Forum for details!
Also stay tuned in to the Forum for information on all the other activities we’re involved in, including:
- Oktobeerfest 2009 – Nebraska State Stroke Foundation benefit – (See Thread)
- River City Roundup beer contest (See Site)
- GABF planning (who’s in, rides, etc, see Thread)
- 2009 Big Brew
***Should be fixed. 8/19***
We are aware of the current problem with the email gone crazy and are doing what we can to get it straightened out. Keep your eye on this page to let you know when we got it going again.
***Should be fixed. 8/19***
Ladies and Gents!
The August meeting will be held at Empyrean Brewing’s Loading Dock . 7:00 pm is the start time. Be there or be square!
The Summer 2009 newsletter is online, click the link below, or the button above to see the PDF. 10-Page Extravaganza! Read it! It’s delicious! It’s beer-tastic!
Click Here to view the latest Lagers’ Newsletter
Thursday, July 2nd, 6:30 pm
1501 Center Park Rd. Suite 100
Lincoln, NE 68512 (402) 464-2152
Directions: Take 10th or 27th Street to Nebraska Hwy 2. Take Hwy 2 to S. 14th Street and head south, past Pioneers to Center Park Road. Head east to 1501, Suite 100. Come hungry. Bring your home-brew. :-P
Stay tuned for August’s meeting at Lazlo’s!
We’re less than a week away from the event of the season: The Lincoln Lagers 2009 Nebraska Brew Tour! We’re going to SchillingBridge, Nebraska Brewing Co, and Beer Corner USA. More details can be found in the forum. Check it out! As press time, we still have a few seats left. Write me today and reserve yours! firstname.lastname@example.org. Oh, and yes we will have beer and doorprizes on the bus!
President Josh said to tell everybody we’ll be meeting at his house in May on the 16th, a Saturday. Come over around six, bring some brew and some food for the potluck. And if you want, earlier that day we’ll be doing a little group brew. We’ll try to get mashing around 9:30 am. Come see what all grain is all about, you new brewers. Let josh know if you’re coming to brew at email@example.com.
I apologize for the downtime.
The forums are down, and won’t be back up at least for a few hours, possibly a day or two.
EDIT 4/14: FORUMS ARE BACK UP. You will need to re-register your account.
The Monks are releasing their latest offering, St. Meinrad’s Quad Ale!
The release party is next Wednesday evening, March 11th 2009, at the Bread & Cup at 6:30pm.
There will be a special menu prepared to compliment all of the delicious flavors one will find while drinking a St. Meinrad. Here are a few of the special offerings Bread and Cup will have (along with their normal Fabulous Menu):
- Confit Duck Legs $7
- Crispy Bone Marrow $8
- Roasted Chicken Wings $6
- Flatbread with Serrano, Manchego & Quince $8
A word of caution for those that are not as prompt as others, the last time we had a release party, the kegs were empty in two and a half hours. Come join the Brothers for uncommonly good food and drink!
- American Homebrewers Association
- Benson Homebrew Club – Benson (Omaha), NE
- Brauer Unterstützungs Verein – Omaha, NE
- Kansas City Biermeisters
- L.A.G.E.R.S. – Louisville, KY
- Local 402 Brewers Union – Omaha, NE
- OmaHops Brewing Club – Omaha NE
- Railroaders Brew Club – Omaha, NE
- South Omaha Brewers – Omaha, NE
- Benson Brewery – Omaha, NE
- Borgata Brewery & Distillery – Omaha, NE
- Farnam House Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Gottberg Brewery & Pub – Columbus, NE
- Infusion Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Jaipur Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Lucky Bucket Brewing – Omaha, NE
- Nebraska Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Schilling Bridge Brewery & Winery – Pawnee City, NE
- Scratchtown Brewing – Ord, NE
- Spilker Ales – Cortland, NE
- Thunderhead Brewing – Kearney, NE
- Upstream Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE