We are accepting entries in all categories – Beer, Cider, and Mead – using the 2008 BJCP Style Guidelines.
We will provide feedback using standard written BJCP Scoresheets, not the NHC checkbox sheets.
We will accept 402 entries this year — that’s the area code in most of Eastern Nebraska!
Entries are limited to (1) per Sub-Category per person in any category not listed below.
In order to open our event to those of you who get creative with styles, we have lifted the limit on entries in the specialty categories.
Come again? This means you are now able to enter as many beers as you want to in the Spice, Herb and Vegetable category so long as each of them is different and unique from each other!
The categories that are open to multiple entries include:
16E Belgian Specialty
17F Fruit Lambic
20 Fruit Beer
21A Spice Herb & Vegetable
21B Christmas/Winter Spice
22B Other Smoked Beer
22C Wood Aged Beer
23 Specialty Beer
25 Fruit Mead (ALL SUBCATEGORIES)
26 Other Mead (ALL SUBCATEGORIES)
28B Fruit Cider
28D Other Specialty Cider/Perry
30A Sower In The Rye Contest
31A No Workaround Decoction Contest
- American Homebrewers Association
- Benson Homebrew Club – Benson (Omaha), NE
- Brauer Unterstützungs Verein – Omaha, NE
- Kansas City Biermeisters
- L.A.G.E.R.S. – Louisville, KY
- Local 402 Brewers Union – Omaha, NE
- OmaHops Brewing Club – Omaha NE
- Railroaders Brew Club – Omaha, NE
- South Omaha Brewers – Omaha, NE
- Benson Brewery – Omaha, NE
- Borgata Brewery & Distillery – Omaha, NE
- Farnam House Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Gottberg Brewery & Pub – Columbus, NE
- Infusion Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Jaipur Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Lucky Bucket Brewing – Omaha, NE
- Nebraska Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Schilling Bridge Brewery & Winery – Pawnee City, NE
- Scratchtown Brewing – Ord, NE
- Spilker Ales – Cortland, NE
- Thunderhead Brewing – Kearney, NE
- Upstream Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE