Local Beer & Food Pairing Banquet Dinner:
In conjunction with Ploughshare Brewing Co. and Lincoln Beer Week, we also want to invite you to our Local Beer & Food Pairing Banquet Dinner from 6:00pm-8:30pm on Saturday, September 13th. We will be treated to an social/mingling beer from the Modern Monks to get things started, which is followed by three courses of local, sustainable, and delicious hand-crafted food from the Ploughshare Brewing Co. kitchen. Each course is paired with a locally-brewed beer, featuring offerings from Empyrean Brewing Co., Zipline Brewing Co., and a special, very limited release from Ploughshare Brewing Co.
Our co-hosts for our banquet dinner are Matt Stinchfield, founder and managing partner of Ploughshare Brewing Co., and Michael “Mufasa” Ferguson, BJ’s Director of Brewing, and host of the Emmy-nominated TV show Beer Geeks.
The banquet dinner will be a separate event from The Sower’s Cup, with tickets priced at $40 each.
Initially, we will set aside 2/3 of the Saturday banquet tickets specifically for Sower’s Cup participants to claim – the other 1/3 of tickets will be open to the public.
We will be subsidizing a portion of the banquet cost for all of our Sower’s Cup volunteers who wish to attend. The exact dollar amount will depend, to some extent, on our final beer entry count and accompanying fees. Please stay tuned for more details on that as we finalize funds, pricing, etc. in the upcoming few days. We should have a final number for you shortly after entry registration closes on 8/29.
You can get a head-start by reserving your banquet tickets on the phone by calling Ploughshare at (402) 742-0420. Only 50 seats in total are available, be sure to claim yours today!
Special Guest Speaker:
We are proud to announce that, with the generous assistance of Ploughshare Brewing Co. and managing partner Matt Stinchfield, the inaugural Sower’s Cup Homebrew Competition will our guest of honor:
Michael “Mufasa” Ferguson
BJ’s Director of Brewing, and host of the Emmy-nominated television series Beer Geeks.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- American Homebrewers Association
- Benson Homebrew Club – Benson (Omaha), NE
- Brauer Unterstützungs Verein – Omaha, NE
- Kansas City Biermeisters
- L.A.G.E.R.S. – Louisville, KY
- Local 402 Brewers Union – Omaha, NE
- OmaHops Brewing Club – Omaha NE
- Railroaders Brew Club – Omaha, NE
- South Omaha Brewers – Omaha, NE
- Benson Brewery – Omaha, NE
- Borgata Brewery & Distillery – Omaha, NE
- Farnam House Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Gottberg Brewery & Pub – Columbus, NE
- Infusion Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Jaipur Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Lucky Bucket Brewing – Omaha, NE
- Nebraska Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Schilling Bridge Brewery & Winery – Pawnee City, NE
- Scratchtown Brewing – Ord, NE
- Spilker Ales – Cortland, NE
- Thunderhead Brewing – Kearney, NE
- Upstream Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE