February Club Meeting:
Thursday, February 5, 2014 – 6:30pm – 9:30pm
The Clubhouse – 5000 Tipperary Trail – Lincoln, NE
If you’re one of the first to arrive or last to leave, please lend a hand with putting away tables & chairs, and making sure that everything is left spotless after we use it!
This month’s activity: Brewers-In-Arms Beer Tasting
This month, we’ll be tasting the results from each team project! Remember that in November, we assigned teams based on five countries or regions to our panel of 20 intrepid brewers. These masters of malt then set out in teams of four to execute their mission: to brew the “perfect” indigenous Pale Ale – basically, following the 10A American Pale Ale style guideline, and using only (1) Base malt, (1) Crystal-type malt, (1) specialty malt of their choosing, plus hops and yeast, all of which are native to their assigned region.
Join us next month to hear more from Teams America, England/UK, France/Belgium, Germany, and Southern Hemisphere — we’ll learn what ingredients they chose, how they sourced them, and we’ll get to taste the final result from each team! Many of the teams are bringing more than one variation of their beer!
Whose beer will reign supreme? Your vote will decide!
But wait – There’s more!!!
March Club Meeting:
Ploughshare Brewing Co., 1630 P St., Loft Area
Thursday March 5th, 2015 – 6:30pm-9:00pm
Tech Topic: Brewing Techniques – Decoction by Matt Stinchfield & Brendan McGinn
2015 Officer Election Results
Here are your 2015 club officers!
President: Chris Evans
Vice-President: Kim Theesen
Treasurer: Terry Schwimmer
Secretary/Communications Mgr.: Gwyn Evans
Sower’s Cup Coordinator: Jason McLaughlin
(Non-Sowers Cup) Competitions Coordinator: Tim Thomssen
Event Planning Committee:
– Jared Mills
– Patrick McCabe
– Paul Breitkreutz
– Your Name Could Be Here!
We’ve still got room for more volunteers who want to participate in the Event Planning Committee. Email email@example.com to sign up!
Some pictures from the meeting:
THANK YOU to all of our officers, and especially our 2014 Club President, Britt Weiser, for your service! The Lagers celebrated our 21st year as a club with a bang! We executed a highly successful first-year homebrew competition, showed great representation in other important regional homebrew competitions, meanwhile we all gained access to a rich depth of technical instruction and knowledge at our meetings throughout the year. We commend you all for a job well done! Also, a tremendous thank you to Brian & Janet Allison for opening their home to us and hosting the Pot-Luck again this year, we are truly lucky to be welcome there & hope that the clean-up wasn’t too tough!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- American Homebrewers Association
- Benson Homebrew Club – Benson (Omaha), NE
- Brauer Unterstützungs Verein – Omaha, NE
- Kansas City Biermeisters
- L.A.G.E.R.S. – Louisville, KY
- Local 402 Brewers Union – Omaha, NE
- OmaHops Brewing Club – Omaha NE
- Railroaders Brew Club – Omaha, NE
- South Omaha Brewers – Omaha, NE
- Benson Brewery – Omaha, NE
- Borgata Brewery & Distillery – Omaha, NE
- Farnam House Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Gottberg Brewery & Pub – Columbus, NE
- Infusion Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Jaipur Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Lucky Bucket Brewing – Omaha, NE
- Nebraska Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Schilling Bridge Brewery & Winery – Pawnee City, NE
- Scratchtown Brewing – Ord, NE
- Spilker Ales – Cortland, NE
- Thunderhead Brewing – Kearney, NE
- Upstream Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE