We’re working on an update for this page. Stay tuned.
(July 27, 2022)
There’s nothing more important to a brewer’s development than real-time feedback from a beer that they’ve brewed. Our club-only competition is open only to Lincoln Lagers and tentatively will be held at every other monthly club meeting. It is meant to provide brewers with valuable feedback, constructive criticism, recommendations for improvement and recognition for well-brewed beer.
Brewers who enter beers into club-only competitions will not only be evaluated against the classic style that they have entered, but they will also be awarded for winning in the categories. The nature of this competition will allow for brewers to use many of the same batches of beer to enter the Nebraska Shootout as well as participating events within the HPBOTY and MWHBOTY circuits.
Lagers club-only competitions also provide a learning opportunity for those interested in evaluating beer as a BJCP judge or for those who are just curious about the various styles of beer. From a judging standpoint, Lincoln Lagers competition organizers will always pair an experienced judge with another equally or less experienced judge.
It is Lincoln Lagers’ intent to provide experienced and qualitative feedback on all entered beers in the form of score sheets, which contain scores and comments for aroma, appearance, flavor, mouth-feel and overall impression.
Enter the current Club-Only Competition here:
Current Club-Only Competition Schedule:
- March 2019 – Amber Bitter European Beer and Irish Beer (Cat. 7 and Cat. 10)
- April 2019 – Trappist Ale and Historical Beer (Cat. 26 and Cat. 27)
- May 2019 – Pale American Ale (Cat. 18)
- June 2019 – Standard American Beer (Cat. 1)
- July 2019 – Lawnmower Beers! (Saison, Wit, Gose)
Past Club-Only Competitions:
- February 2019 – German Wheat Beers (Cat. 10) – No entries.
- December 2018 – Winter Warmers (Cat. 30C) – No entries.
- November 2018 – Stouts & Porters: English Porter, American Porter and all Stouts – 1st Place: ?
- October 2018 – German Wheat Beer: Weissbier, Dunkles Weissbier, Weizenbock – 1st Place: ?
- September 2018 – Amber Malty Euro Lagers – 1st Place: Jeremy Goehring
- August 2018 – Blonde & American Pale – No entries.
- July 2018 – Fruit Beers – 1st Place: Whit Sanders
- June 2018 – Strong Belgian Beers – 1st Place: ?
- April 2018 – Scottish Ales – 1st Place: Bob Catherall
- March 2018 – Amber Ales & Brown Ales – 1st Place: ?
- American Homebrewers Association
- Benson Homebrew Club – Benson (Omaha), NE
- Brauer Unterstützungs Verein – Omaha, NE
- Kansas City Biermeisters
- L.A.G.E.R.S. – Louisville, KY
- Local 402 Brewers Union – Omaha, NE
- OmaHops Brewing Club – Omaha NE
- Railroaders Brew Club – Omaha, NE
- South Omaha Brewers – Omaha, NE
- Benson Brewery – Omaha, NE
- Farnam House Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Gottberg Brewery & Pub – Columbus, NE
- Infusion Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Jaipur Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Lucky Bucket Brewing – Omaha, NE
- Nebraska Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Schilling Bridge Brewery & Winery – Pawnee City, NE
- Scratchtown Brewing – Ord, NE
- Thunderhead Brewing – Kearney, NE
- Upstream Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE