There’s is nothing more important to a brewer’s development than real time feedback from a beer that they’ve brewed. Our Club-Only Competition is open only to Lincoln Lagers and tentatively will be held at every other monthly club meeting. It is meant to provide brewers with valuable feedback, constructive criticism, recommendations for improvement, and recognition for well brewed beer.
Brewers who enter beers into club-only competitions will not only be evaluated against the classic style that they have entered, but they will also be awarded for winning in the categories. The nature of this competition will allow for brewers to use many of the same batches of beer to enter the Nebraska Shootout as well as participating events within the HPBOTY and MWHBOTY circuits.
Lagers Club-Only Competitions also provide a learning opportunity for those interested in evaluating beer as a BJCP judge or those who are just curious about the various styles of beer. From a judging standpoint, Lincoln Lagers competition organizers will always pair an experienced judge with another equally or less experienced judge.
It is Lincoln Lagers’ intent to provide experienced and qualitative feedback on all entered beers in the form of score-sheets, which contain scores & comments for aroma, appearance, flavor, mouth-feel, and overall impression.
Enter the current Club-Only Competition here:
- August 2018 Blonde & American Pale Ales – Google Sign-Up Form (updated for August 2018)
Current Club-Only Competition Schedule:
- August 2018 – Blonde & American Pale (Cat. 18)
- September 2018 – Amber Malty Euro Lagers: Marzen, Rauchbier, Dunkles Bock (Cat. 6)
- October 2018 – German Wheat Beer: Weissbier, Dunkles Weissbier, Weizenbock (Cat. 10)
- November 2018 – Stouts & Porters: English Porter, American Porter and all Stouts (Cat. 13C, 16A-D, and 20A-C)
- December 2018 – Winter Warmers (Cat. 30C)
… More dates to come!
Past Club-Only Competitions:
- July 2018 – Fruit Beers – 1st Place: Whit Sanders
- June 2018 – Strong Belgian Beers – 1st Place:
- March 2018 – Amber Ales & Brown Ales – 1st Place:
- April 2018 – Scottish Ales – 1st Place:
- American Homebrewers Association
- Benson Homebrew Club – Benson (Omaha), NE
- Brauer Unterstützungs Verein – Omaha, NE
- Kansas City Biermeisters
- L.A.G.E.R.S. – Louisville, KY
- Local 402 Brewers Union – Omaha, NE
- OmaHops Brewing Club – Omaha NE
- Railroaders Brew Club – Omaha, NE
- South Omaha Brewers – Omaha, NE
- Benson Brewery – Omaha, NE
- Borgata Brewery & Distillery – Omaha, NE
- Farnam House Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Gottberg Brewery & Pub – Columbus, NE
- Infusion Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Jaipur Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Lucky Bucket Brewing – Omaha, NE
- Nebraska Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Schilling Bridge Brewery & Winery – Pawnee City, NE
- Scratchtown Brewing – Ord, NE
- Spilker Ales – Cortland, NE
- Thunderhead Brewing – Kearney, NE
- Upstream Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE