More virtual homebrew fun can be had at our monthly get together on Thursday, July 9. Join us around 6 p.m. for some chat and the regular business portion will commence at 7 p.m. Hang out for more conversation after the business portion, which will last until 9 or when you’ve had too much virtual fun. You can join us via Zoom. The meeting link can be found here in the latest edition of the Lincoln Lagers Brewsletter (link here to the electronic archives). We’ll be discussing the Nebraska Shootout (scheduled for this coming Sunday, July 12), ideas for another “anti” social, Brewers at Arm’s Length, fall picnic and options for the August meeting. In addition, we will be making plans for Mead Day; we have 120 pounds of some amazing varietal honey ordered from Z Specialty Foods. We will also be joined by Chris Proulx from the 402 Homebrew Club as our guest speaker.
Speaking of the 2020 Nebraska Shootout, the event takes place this Sunday, July 12, in Omaha. It will be hosted by the Brauer Unterstützungs Verein at the German American Society (Rathskeller). Details on times and car pooling options will be reviewed at the Thursday meeting. If you want to help by being a steward or judge, set up an account and log in here. Our club Shootout finalists are Zach Fenton & Lacy Phillippe, James Ehrman, Jordan Messerer, Brad Brown, Dustin Deisher, James Garner, Brett Jeffrey and Paul Breitkreutz! Good luck in the final round!
The 2020 Kegs for the Cure is in the books. Due to the COVID, this year’s event was a “bottle edition.” They distributed over 112 six packs from 19 homebrewers and raised over $6000 for the American Cancer Society.
Last chance for bottles! I have several vintage boxes (over 30 years old and still strong as ever) holding a case each that are looking for good homes. You know you still need to bottle condition those big brews, right? Filling up one or two of these retro cases is what you need. I can’t hold on to ’em forever. Send me a note and let me know… or they’re going to the recycler.
For all the beer details, Zoom link and local homebrew fun, click here to subscribe to the monthly Lincoln Lagers Brewsletter! Cheers!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- American Homebrewers Association
- Benson Homebrew Club – Benson (Omaha), NE
- Brauer Unterstützungs Verein – Omaha, NE
- Kansas City Biermeisters
- L.A.G.E.R.S. – Louisville, KY
- Local 402 Brewers Union – Omaha, NE
- OmaHops Brewing Club – Omaha NE
- Railroaders Brew Club – Omaha, NE
- South Omaha Brewers – Omaha, NE
- Benson Brewery – Omaha, NE
- Farnam House Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Gottberg Brewery & Pub – Columbus, NE
- Infusion Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Jaipur Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Lucky Bucket Brewing – Omaha, NE
- Nebraska Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Schilling Bridge Brewery & Winery – Pawnee City, NE
- Scratchtown Brewing – Ord, NE
- Thunderhead Brewing – Kearney, NE
- Upstream Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE