DECEMBEER – Why aren’t you brewing this weekend!?
Lagers! We are back to our annual Decembeer meeting at Lee’s Chicken (S. Coddington and W. Van Dorn)! Join us on Thursday, Dec. 5, at 6 o’clock for some chicken and homebrew! We’ll have some beer business at 7, followed by a battle of porters versus stouts. Our friends at Lee’s always show us a great time and we look forward to everybody joining in the chicken fun!
It’s that time of year where we’re seeking your help in nominating our officers for the next go round. We’ll be taking nominations to the end of November and starting our voting process at our December meeting.
Please send your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Offices include: President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, Events Coordinator, Membership Coordinator, and Social Media/Newsletter Coordinator.
Porter vs. Stout – Can you tell the difference? Is it only the malted barley or the unmalted roasted barley? Where does that coffee flavor come from? Maybe it’s the black malt? What about a coffee porter? Can anybody agree? Can we settle this dilemma? We’ll try. Please let us know if you can submit a porter or stout. We’d prefer to have all homebrews for this exercise, but we’ll commercial if necessary. Contact Kim at email@example.com and let him know if you can contribute two bottles. Thanks!
The next-in-a-series, long awaited, much anticipated members’ survey is now ready for your input! If you would please click right here and give us your input. This ten-question survey focuses on our club’s activities and monthly meetings. If you pour a beer and sit down at the survey, upon completion you’ll have most of your beer left. It shouldn’t take you more than three or four minutes to blast through this. This is your club! Tell us what you think and thank you in advance! Cheers!
THE 2020 BUS TRIP – SATURDAY – JAN. 25!
It will be here before ya know it! Reserve your seat with an early bird tickets at the DecemBEER meeting at Lee’s. They’re only $35 before the end of the year and you’ll save $5 on the beer bus. Prices will rise to $40 for members and $50 for non-members after Jan. 1, 2020. Where are we going in 2020? We are headed to Jukes Ale Works in Elkhorn, Marto Brewing in Sioux City and Divots Brewery in Norfolk. You don’t want to miss this one!
SOME OTHER HOME-BREW HIGHLIGHTS COMIN’ UP – SO GET OUT YER CALENDARS!
- THE LINCOLN LAGERS SOCIAL: Join us at the Back Swing on Thursday, Dec. 19, for the monthly social. No agenda. Just Backswing beer!
- THE ANNUAL HOLIDAY POT LUCK PARTY: Saturday, Jan. 11, 2020, at Doug Finke’s place. Details to follow!
- THE 2020 BUS TRIP: Mark your calendars for the most fun you can have on a bus – The Annual LL Bus Trip – Saturday, Jan. 25, 2020. More details at the meeting!
More information about the Lincoln Lagers in the monthly newsletter! Click here for the Brewnews. Click here to take our short survey! Let us know if you can bring a porter or stout to the meeting! Cheers!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- American Homebrewers Association
- Benson Homebrew Club – Benson (Omaha), NE
- Brauer Unterstützungs Verein – Omaha, NE
- Kansas City Biermeisters
- L.A.G.E.R.S. – Louisville, KY
- Local 402 Brewers Union – Omaha, NE
- OmaHops Brewing Club – Omaha NE
- Railroaders Brew Club – Omaha, NE
- South Omaha Brewers – Omaha, NE
- Benson Brewery – Omaha, NE
- Farnam House Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Gottberg Brewery & Pub – Columbus, NE
- Infusion Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Jaipur Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Lucky Bucket Brewing – Omaha, NE
- Nebraska Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Schilling Bridge Brewery & Winery – Pawnee City, NE
- Scratchtown Brewing – Ord, NE
- Thunderhead Brewing – Kearney, NE
- Upstream Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE