WHERE: Cosmic Eye, 6800 P St #300, Lincoln, NE, 68505, 531.500.2739
THE CLUB SURVEY: The club survey is now up and ready for your input. We want to know what you think about club-related things like activities, meetings, how you get your information about the club and more. It will take you under five minutes to complete. (Yes, we know it sucks to do one of these that seem to take forever. We know you have better things to do.) Please, pour a beer and click right here. Answer the ten questions and tell us what you think. Inquiring minds wanna know. Thank you!
THERE’S MORE IN THE MARCH BREWSLETTER!
- Meet the new vice president: Craig Samek
- The latest BJCP Study Group info
- 2023 Nebraska Shootout date is set for Saturday, July 29
- Club Social at Stone Hollow Brewing – Saturday, March 18.
Click right here to get all the latest information!
Update: 2.27.2023 – Kim T.
What’s happening with the Lincoln Lagers?
- The February Social will be held on Thursday, Febr. 23, at Bierhaus Maisschäler. Show up after 6 for a beverage and conversation. No agenda. Just beer.
- The Monthly March Meeting: Thursday, March 2, at Cosmic Eye Brewing. 6 o’clock for happy hour and 7 for business. Bring some homebrew!
- The March Social is scheduled for Saturday, March 18, at Stone Hollow Brewing in Beatrice. More details to come in the next Brewsletter.
FeBREWary meeting at Cosmic Eye
Where: Cosmic Eye, 6800 P St #300, Lincoln, NE, 68505, 531.500.2739
See More Beer Stuff in the Febrewary Brewsletter
You want to know more, right?! Go to the Club Brewsletters tab on the homepage. Then look for the first entry – For the latest news – and you’ll find the link for the February edition. Or you could also just click right here. In the Brewsletter, you’ll find stories on the following items:
- Meet our new president – Scott Levander
- BJCP Study Group Update – Vice President Craig Samek
- The 2023 Nebraska Shootout – What you should be brewing!
- Local beer brewing odds ‘n’ ends: Cosmic Eye, Patriot Homebrew Supply and events on the Nebraska Craft Brewers Guild’s website
- In the local and national news: Nonalcohol Beer, San Diego’s Homebrew Con, and KC Bier Meisters Annual Comp
Lincoln Lagers Night at the Stars
Friday, Jan. 20: SOLD OUT
Here’s how you can pick up your tickets!
- Thursday evening, Jan. 19, 7 p.m., at Code Brewing.
- Friday evening, Jan. 20, 6 p.m., southwest corner of the Ice Box.
- Friday – during the day – call Kim T. at 531.218.4778
February Meeting: Thursday, 2.2.23, Cosmic Eye Brewing Company
Monthly Meeting and Potluck Holiday Gathering – Cosmic Eye Brewing!
When: Saturday, Jan. 7, 2023, 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Six o’clock for socializing, brief business at 7 o’clock.
Where: Cosmic Eye, 6800 P St #300, Lincoln, NE, 68505, 531.500.2739
HAPPY NEW BEER! Join us at Cosmic Eye Brewing for the monthly meeting and annual potluck holiday party. Bring a covered dish or dessert. Bring some homebrew too! Bring a bottle for the bottle exchange. The 50/50 and more!
OFFICER ELECTIONS: We’ll be announcing the results of the 2023 officer elections. If you didn’t get the email, contact us right away. Voting will end on Wednesday, Jan. 4, at 11:59 p.m.
IT’S TIME TO RENEW: Dues for 2023 are currently $25 for the calendar year. If you want to renew online, the 2023 link on the website will be active by our meeting time.
- Nebraska Shoot-Out Styles
- BJCP study group will get started soon.
- Night at the Stars – Hockey… Did you get your ticket?
- The quarterly contest with 402s
- Nebraska Brewers Guild’s Calendar of Events – lots o’ beer stuff coming soon!
- Next meeting at Cosmic Eye Brewing on February 2, 2023!
- Click here to see the latest edition and get access to past Brewsletters!
- You say you haven’t subscribed yet? Well, check out this link and get your very own copy delivered every month!
Cheers! Happy new beer to all!
Update: Jan. 1, 2023
Monthly Meeting for December: Lee’s Chicken
Where: Lee’s Chicken, 1940 W Van Dorn St, Lincoln, NE, 68522, 402.477.4339
Our January meeting/party date is confirmed: Saturday, Jan. 7, at Cosmic Eye. This will be a combination of the monthly meeting, renewing your membership, scoring your hockey tickets, and our annual holiday pot-luck get-together. Happy New Year!
What else is happening with your Lincoln Lagers?
- 2023 Officer Elections… The email for nominations is out!
- 2023 Nebraska Shootout… Lincoln Lagers are hosting. Styles are set!
- 402 Quarterly Contest… Imperial Stout & English Barleywine
- BJCP Study Group is forming.
- Monthly Social at Code on Thursday, Dec. 15.
- In January, we’ve reserved a private suite for a Lincoln Stars Hockey game!
- Kansas City Biermeisters annual comp opens registration on Dec. 1.
Additional details and more can be found by clicking here for Decembeer’s Brewsletter.
Hey! It’s almost the first Thursday of the month! See you at Cosmic Eye on the 3rd!
Where: Cosmic Eye Brewing, 6800 P Street, #300, Lincoln, NE 68505, 531.500.2739.In addition to sipping on some Cosmic Eye beer and your homebrew, we’ll be chatting about the Sower’s Cup. We’ll also talk about the 2023 Nebraska Shootout; the Lincoln Lagers are the hosts and we need to pick some categories. Plus… We are giving away a $25 gift card to Bottle Mark for custom bottle caps or labels… and some free memberships to American Homebrewer’s Association. Come to the meeting! You could be a lucky winner!
Speaking of the Sower’s Cup, Another successful year is in the books. Thank you to everybody who helped steward, judge, sort, pack, label, cook and clean up. It’s all about the people… and the homebrewed beer and mead and cider. We’re looking at Octobeer 6 & 7, 2023, for the next one. Save those dates!
In the meantime, here are some numbers for your review from this year’s Cup:
- 423 entries: 385 beers, 22 ciders/perries, 24 meads
- 91 entrants from 22 states
- 96 placing entries
- 44 judges
- 39 brew clubs
- Top Club Participation (entries)
- Kansas City Bier Meisters (68)
- Iowa Brewers Union (57)
- Lincoln Lagers (32)
- Denton County Homebrewers Guild (30)
- Homebrewers Local 402 (23)
- 24 judges
- Medals by Club (Top Five)
- Kansas City Bier Meisters (21)
- Iowa Brewers Union (11)
- Lincoln Lagers (8)
- North Georgia Malt Monkeys (8)
- Homebrewers Local 402 (7)
- Bests of Show
- Beer: Eric Martin & KCBM Barrel Project, Kansas City Bier Meisters, Wild Stout (28C: Wild Specialty Beer)
- Cider: Bill Boyer, North Georgia Malt Monkeys, The Ghost of Johnny Appleseed (C2B: Cider with Other Fruit)
- Mead: Bill Boyer, North Georgia Malt Monkeys, What is… Your Favorite Color? (M2C: Berry Mead)
For more information and to take a look at the medal winners for the 2022 Sower’s Cup, click here.
What else is happening in your homebrew club? Go back to the top and click on the club newsletters tab to read about the following:
- Category nominees for the 2023 Nebraska Shootout
- Patriot Homebrew Supply and Bearded Brewer are hosting a bottle-share event on Nov. 8.
- Quarterly contest with the Omaha 402 club
- Our monthly social will take place at Pour Craft Beer and Spirits on Thursday, Nov. 17.
- The Trub Zone talks about this website and why you should clean the schmutz off your competition bottles.
Got it? OK. If ya want, just click here and you’ll go straight to the Novembeer Brewsletter. Cheers!
For the full list of the 2022 Sower’s Cup medal winners, click here.
If you want to see your score sheets, log in to the website and you’ll your entries at the bottom of your account. Download the PDFs.
More coverage and information coming soon!
Thanks to everybody: judges, stewards, spouses, organizers, sponsors and contributors! We couldn’t do this without you!
It’s here! The 2022 Sower’s Cup!
We have over 400 homebrewed beer, cider and mead to judge and we need your help! We need four to six people to help out at the early judging sessions being held at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, October 11, and Wednesday, October 12. Eight to ten people to volunteer at the IBEW Hall by 6:00 p.m. Friday, October 14, to help out, and six to eight at both sessions — morning and afternoon — on Saturday, October 15. You will be fed before the judging sessions begin on Friday night and Saturday. (What are we eating? Info for volunteer meals is right here!)
To sign up and help us, click right here and send us an email! Let us know if you can help and how to get a hold of you. Cheers and thank you very much!
The Banquet! Food and beer!
Join us on Saturday evening at 6:00 p.m. for our annual Sower’s Cup beer-pairing dinner featuring an appetizer, salad, entrée and dessert, each paired with a special, locally brewed beer! Our caterer for the banquet meal is The Guilded Swine.
Here’s the menu and paired beers…
Appetizer: Chicken Pâté – Pâté/Cherry Mustard/Baguette
Beer: Stone Hollow’s Hefeweizen
Salad: Waldorf Salad – Greens/Apple/Walnuts/Celery RootBeer: Code’s Berry Lemon Sour
Entree: Pork Confit – Pork Belly/Potato Gratin/Seasonal Veg
Beer: Boiler’s West Coast IPA
Dessert: Sticky Toffee Pudding – Dates/Caramel
Beer: White Elm’s Barrel-aged Imperial Stout
The price is only $40 per person, with volunteers helping with 2 or more sessions receiving a $5 discount for each session completed. There is a maximum of 60 seats available. We’ve sold out in the past. Don’t wait.
To Reserve Your Banquet Seat(s)…
Still need more information! Check out the Sower’s Cup pages or contact the Lincoln Lagers right here and send us an email!
Here’s your quickie news update for the Lincoln Lagers!
- Monday, October 3: All Sower’s Cup entries are to be received by this date.
- Tuesday & Wednesday, October 4 & 5: Sorting & labeling entries at 6:00 p.m. at 1867 Bar, downtown Lincoln.
- Thursday, October 6: Monthly meeting at Cosmic Eye Brewing
- We’ll be talking about the Sower’s Cup, which is right around the corner.
- Judges & Stewards: Sign up for your session(s) here.
- Tuesday & Wednesday, Oct. 11 & 12: Early Sower’s Cup Judging Sessions… Turbine Flats… 6 p.m.
- Friday & Saturday, Oct. 14 & 15: Sower’s Cup judging, Banquet & Awards Ceremony.
Keep up on the Cup! Banquet details are coming! Click here for the web page.
- American Homebrewers Association
- Benson Homebrew Club – Benson (Omaha), NE
- Brauer Unterstützungs Verein – Omaha, NE
- Kansas City Biermeisters
- L.A.G.E.R.S. – Louisville, KY
- Local 402 Brewers Union – Omaha, NE
- OmaHops Brewing Club – Omaha NE
- Railroaders Brew Club – Omaha, NE
- South Omaha Brewers – Omaha, NE
- Benson Brewery – Omaha, NE
- Farnam House Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Gottberg Brewery & Pub – Columbus, NE
- Infusion Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Jaipur Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Lucky Bucket Brewing – Omaha, NE
- Nebraska Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Schilling Bridge Brewery & Winery – Pawnee City, NE
- Scratchtown Brewing – Ord, NE
- Thunderhead Brewing – Kearney, NE
- Upstream Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE