Saturday, May 4, 2019, 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Join the Lincoln Lagers for the American Homebrewers Association Annual Big Brew! Doug Finke was kind enough to lug out his 100-gallon mash tun for this event. We will have 75 gallons of wort available to split among 12-15 individuals/teams, $15 gets you enough wort to brew a five-gallon batch. This year’s grist will consist of 83% Pilsner base malt, 15% flaked oats, 2% Cara Pils and lactose will be available. All you have to do is bring yourself, gear to brew, and hops and yeast. Doug will also have a grill for food. Let’s get together and brew big!
Follow the link for details and sign up today!
More details and directions to Doug’s to follow soon! Cheers!
Sunday, April 28, 2019, 1 – 5 p.m.
Zipline Brewery, 2100 Magnum Cir, Ste. 1
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN HOMEBREWING?
Are you an extract brewer interested in learning how to brew all-grain, but don’t have the equipment or know how? Are you interested in learning the benefits of joining a homebrew club? If the answer is yes to any of these questions, you do not want to miss the Lincoln Lagers Homebrew Equipment Swap Meet, all-grain brewing demonstration and fundraiser for the Nebraska Hop Growers Association (proceeds to flood relief for our local hop farmers).
ALL-GRAIN DEMONSTRATION AND Q&A FORUM:
1 – 5 p.m.
Zipline Parking Lot / Receiving Door
Hosted by the Lincoln Lagers Homebrew Club, this great event will include a demonstration of how to brew beer using 100% malted grain and from start to finish. Get your questions ready.This is a great place to start for introductory information for beginners, as well as information for those homebrewers wanting to move to the intermediate and advanced procedures.
1 p.m. Mash
2 p.m. Sparge
3:30 p.m. Boil starts
4:30 p.m. Word chill
HOMEBREWERS SWAP MEET:
1 – 4:30 p.m.
Collecting the equipment needed to start brewing, or to start brewing all-grain, is one of the biggest hurdles for brewers. Buying new equipment can often be expensive and cut into the ingredient budget. On the other hand, many veteran brewers have more equipment filling up their spare bedrooms than they know what to do with. This swap meet will give you the opportunity to buy, sell and trade brewing equipment essentials.
More details about the event are here!
Thursday – April 18 – 5:30 to 9 ish
Stop by Yia Yia’s (1423 O Street) for the Lincoln Lagers Homebrew Club monthly social. No agenda, just beer… and pizza! This place has some of Lincoln’s best pizza and one of the largest selections of brew in town…over 250 in the coolers and 24 on tap. So stop by and talk about beer and have a slice of pizza on Thursday from 5:30 to 9 ish! Cheers!
- American Homebrewers Association
- Benson Homebrew Club – Benson (Omaha), NE
- Brauer Unterstützungs Verein – Omaha, NE
- Kansas City Biermeisters
- L.A.G.E.R.S. – Louisville, KY
- Local 402 Brewers Union – Omaha, NE
- OmaHops Brewing Club – Omaha NE
- Railroaders Brew Club – Omaha, NE
- South Omaha Brewers – Omaha, NE
- Benson Brewery – Omaha, NE
- Farnam House Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Gottberg Brewery & Pub – Columbus, NE
- Infusion Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Jaipur Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Lucky Bucket Brewing – Omaha, NE
- Nebraska Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Schilling Bridge Brewery & Winery – Pawnee City, NE
- Scratchtown Brewing – Ord, NE
- Thunderhead Brewing – Kearney, NE
- Upstream Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE