Our July Lincoln Lagers eNewsletter has been published and is available online – click here to read it!
We hope to see you at our club meeting on Thursday, July 11th, 7:00pm at Lazlo’s Haymarket location! We will meet in the Brewhouse, so please feel free to enter through the main Lazlo’s door and the hosts will point you in our direction.
Our August club meeting & Mead Making Day will be held on Saturday, August 3rd, at 5:00pm. Click here for the forum thread – it has the address & a link to a map.
Our September club meeting, Annual Club Picnic, and Lady Lagers’ Mead Contest, will be held on Saturday, September 7th.
We will be heading back to Blue Blood Brewing next month for our club meeting, on Thursday March 7th. We’ll get to find out how Paul Breitkreutz‘s challenge-winning India Brown Ale came out after we brewed a full scale batch. Plus, we’ve heard that the BB brewers have a special announcement for us… Intriguing… Guess you’ll have to come to the meeting to find out what’s going on!
Read more on our Forum thread: http://www.lincolnlagers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=906
Last chance for bus tickets!
We have about 12 tickets left – Claim your spot now before they’re all gone! Here’s the Bus Trip Page with all of the relevant information – email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested, and if you want to handle things digitally, we’ll tell you how you can pay us using PayPal.
Beer Quest Results & KC Bier Meisters Results
A huge congratulations is in order for all the Lagers who did an amazing job at Beer Quest last weekend! Jason Davis‘ beer earned Best of Show in the initial BJCP judging round. At Beer Quest, Co-brewers Bill Luhman and Aaron Carnes won the public vote (This makes Aaron’s 5th Beer Quest win!!), with Brian Hoesing not far behind, finishing in 2nd place. Thanks to all of our members who represented the Lincoln Lagers quite well!!
In Kansas City, Tim Thomssen earned two First Place finishes (4B Munich Dunkel and 21A Spice, Herb, or Vegetable Beer ) and also nabbed three Third Place spots (19C American Barleywine, 24B Semi-Sweet Mead, & 30A XXX American Awesome) in the KC Bier Meisters 2013 competition – Way to go, Tim!
Come join us for the June 2012 Lincoln Lagers’ Club Meeting, which will be held at Empyrean Brewing Company.
The June meeting is this coming Thursday (June 7th) at the Empyrean Brew House (not the loading dock).
You can enter through the restaurant or alley entrance. Rich will be giving a short presentation, and Jim mentioned he has some Maris Otter, white wheat, Weyermann Carared he is hoping to get rid of at cost, so bring your $.
Date: Thursday, June 7, 2012 Time: 7:00 PM
- American Homebrewers Association
- Benson Homebrew Club – Benson (Omaha), NE
- Brauer Unterstützungs Verein – Omaha, NE
- Kansas City Biermeisters
- L.A.G.E.R.S. – Louisville, KY
- Local 402 Brewers Union – Omaha, NE
- OmaHops Brewing Club – Omaha NE
- Railroaders Brew Club – Omaha, NE
- South Omaha Brewers – Omaha, NE
- Benson Brewery – Omaha, NE
- Farnam House Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Gottberg Brewery & Pub – Columbus, NE
- Infusion Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Jaipur Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Lucky Bucket Brewing – Omaha, NE
- Nebraska Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Schilling Bridge Brewery & Winery – Pawnee City, NE
- Scratchtown Brewing – Ord, NE
- Thunderhead Brewing – Kearney, NE
- Upstream Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE