December Club Meeting
Oz & Jan’s Famous Lee’s Chicken – 1940 W. Van Dorn St.
Thursday, December 1st, 2016 – 6:30-9:00pm
Come early to eat dinner! – Meeting Business held at 7:30pm.
Officer Elections: We will hear from the 2017 Officer Nominees about how they can serve our homebrew club next year – and we’ll cast our (paper) ballots.
Educational Topic: Sanitation & Sanitization presented by Jason McLaughlin
Homebrew Policy: your beverages are welcome, please keep your sampling confined to the designated meeting area only.
December Social Meet-Up:
Ploughshare Brewing Co. – 1630 P St.
Tuesday, December 13th, 2016 – 5:00-8:00pm
No agenda – No itinerary – Just good old fashioned friendship and brews. Join us any time – Don’t stress over running late, or leaving early. Come as you are – Wear a Lagers shirt if you want to! Please, no homebrew at this event.
January Meeting & Pot Luck
Join us on Saturday, January 7th, 2017 at the home of Brian & Janet Allison as we celebrate the New Year with our annual tradition of good food, drink, and company.
Bring your finest pot-luck dish (any course!) and fun homebrews or rarities to share. Renew your membership, reserve your Stars hockey tickets, and find out who your 2017 club officers will be! More details soon.
February Club Meeting:
Thursday, February 5, 2014 – 6:30pm – 9:30pm
The Clubhouse – 5000 Tipperary Trail – Lincoln, NE
If you’re one of the first to arrive or last to leave, please lend a hand with putting away tables & chairs, and making sure that everything is left spotless after we use it!
This month’s activity: Brewers-In-Arms Beer Tasting
This month, we’ll be tasting the results from each team project! Remember that in November, we assigned teams based on five countries or regions to our panel of 20 intrepid brewers. These masters of malt then set out in teams of four to execute their mission: to brew the “perfect” indigenous Pale Ale – basically, following the 10A American Pale Ale style guideline, and using only (1) Base malt, (1) Crystal-type malt, (1) specialty malt of their choosing, plus hops and yeast, all of which are native to their assigned region.
Join us next month to hear more from Teams America, England/UK, France/Belgium, Germany, and Southern Hemisphere — we’ll learn what ingredients they chose, how they sourced them, and we’ll get to taste the final result from each team! Many of the teams are bringing more than one variation of their beer!
Whose beer will reign supreme? Your vote will decide!
But wait – There’s more!!! Continue reading
- American Homebrewers Association
- Benson Homebrew Club – Benson (Omaha), NE
- Brauer Unterstützungs Verein – Omaha, NE
- Kansas City Biermeisters
- L.A.G.E.R.S. – Louisville, KY
- Local 402 Brewers Union – Omaha, NE
- OmaHops Brewing Club – Omaha NE
- Railroaders Brew Club – Omaha, NE
- South Omaha Brewers – Omaha, NE
- Benson Brewery – Omaha, NE
- Farnam House Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Gottberg Brewery & Pub – Columbus, NE
- Infusion Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Jaipur Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Lucky Bucket Brewing – Omaha, NE
- Nebraska Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Schilling Bridge Brewery & Winery – Pawnee City, NE
- Scratchtown Brewing – Ord, NE
- Thunderhead Brewing – Kearney, NE
- Upstream Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE