Saturday, April 2nd
12:00pm – 2:30pm at Ploughshare Brewing Co.
We need at least 10 people to evaluate beer, plus 2 or more for mead & cider. Many hands make light work – We’d like more than one pair of judges per style, in case we receive a lot of entries.
Register Here To Judge Beer <- Fill out this form to help judge beer!!
Entering the Nebraska Shootout Club Round:
To enter, you need to submit (1) bottle of your beer to the Club Judging Round, plus you must have at least (2) more bottles of that same beer ready to go for the statewide competition if you are chosen to advance and represent the Lagers at the event!
You can drop off your Club Round homebrew entries at Ploughshare during regular taproom hours on the week of 3/28-4/1. Give them to the bartender and they’ll add it to the Club Round box in the cooler. Make sure you have some form of identification rubber-banded to your entry! We suggest you use the BJCP Bottle ID Form for both the club round and the main event.
(You don’t have to fill out the entire address section, just make sure you’ve got your Name, and all of the Beer Information present!)
Nebraska Shootout Main Event:
The Nebraska Shootout will be held on Sunday, April 10th at Benson Brewery in Omaha.
Judges & Stewards are needed!
To sign up as a Judge or Steward for the Main Judging Round, fill out this form.
Judge Check-In is at 9:45am. Judging begins at 10:00am and we hope to announce results live around 1:00pm, right after all judges are finished and BOS has been conducted. They have arranged for a food truck on site to buy some lunch from while you wait for results.
Big shout out to the one and only Doug Finke – brewer extraordinaire – for sealing the deal on our Lincoln Lagers Big Brew Challenge contest. He took on 13 other brewers’ creations – all of which were brewed using the Ploughshare Brewing Co. Farm Boy base wort – and his bad-to-the-bone Honey Braggot dominated the competition!
He has since brewed his scale-up batch of Braggot with Matt Stinchfield – and they report that, after adding 36 Lbs. of Hickman, NE honey – it clocks in at a whopping 11.5% ABV.
Look for Doug’s Braggot on tap at Ploughshare Brewing Co. during the Sower’s Cup weekend! Cheers!
- American Homebrewers Association
- Benson Homebrew Club – Benson (Omaha), NE
- Brauer Unterstützungs Verein – Omaha, NE
- Kansas City Biermeisters
- L.A.G.E.R.S. – Louisville, KY
- Local 402 Brewers Union – Omaha, NE
- OmaHops Brewing Club – Omaha NE
- Railroaders Brew Club – Omaha, NE
- South Omaha Brewers – Omaha, NE
- Benson Brewery – Omaha, NE
- Farnam House Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Gottberg Brewery & Pub – Columbus, NE
- Infusion Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Jaipur Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Lucky Bucket Brewing – Omaha, NE
- Nebraska Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Schilling Bridge Brewery & Winery – Pawnee City, NE
- Scratchtown Brewing – Ord, NE
- Thunderhead Brewing – Kearney, NE
- Upstream Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE