Tim racked up an impressive 49 Medals in 2014, and holds a 34% win ratio in the MWHBOTY circuit. For more detailed scoring results from last year’s contest, look here.
Although finalized results are not yet available, we’ve heard rumors that Tim also won the 2014 High Plains Brewer Of The Year award — we’ll post an update as soon as we hear more!
Date: Saturday, October 6th, 2012
Time: 5:00 pm – Whenever
Address: 330 South 44th St.
In addition to the monthly meeting activities, Ryan is hosting his annual commercial beer tasting, “The Hair of the Un-Bitten Dog”.
As usual, we encourage all of those attending to bring a commercial or homebrew to share. Ryan will have some delicious meats to eat, but please bring a SIDE DISH.
Once again this year, Ryan will also going to hold a “Best of Show Competition” between the homebrewers. This competition will be based on the people’s choice. Everyone in attendance will have a vote to determine the “Best of Show Winner.” The winner will have their name placed on a traveling trophy and awarded a cash prize.
We have a small change to the format for the competition on Saturday (10/6/2012)! Due to the potentially large number of entries, we will limit the quantity to the first 20 that show up and register. The fee is only $1. Plus, all beers should be under 8% ABV. Ryan will need to sign you in at the meeting on Saturday. Arrangements for entries can be made with Ryan by contacting him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Judging will be done Saturday at the meeting, it will *not* be done Friday night as previously announced.
See you in October! And don’t forget about the Nebraska State Stroke Foundation’s Okto-Beerfest tasting event, which is coming up soon on Thursday, October 11, 2012 at the Lancaster County Event Center. You can check out the Event’s Facebook Page here, or you can go directly to the Four Star Gifts web site to buy tickets!
You should definitely consider attending this fantastic night of fermented offerings, firstly to cheer on your fellow Lincoln Lagers who will be serving our homebrewed beers at the event, but also to check out all of the breweries & wineries in attendance and to support the Foundation!
- American Homebrewers Association
- Benson Homebrew Club – Benson (Omaha), NE
- Brauer Unterstützungs Verein – Omaha, NE
- Kansas City Biermeisters
- L.A.G.E.R.S. – Louisville, KY
- Local 402 Brewers Union – Omaha, NE
- OmaHops Brewing Club – Omaha NE
- Railroaders Brew Club – Omaha, NE
- South Omaha Brewers – Omaha, NE
- Benson Brewery – Omaha, NE
- Farnam House Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Gottberg Brewery & Pub – Columbus, NE
- Infusion Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Jaipur Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Lucky Bucket Brewing – Omaha, NE
- Nebraska Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Schilling Bridge Brewery & Winery – Pawnee City, NE
- Scratchtown Brewing – Ord, NE
- Thunderhead Brewing – Kearney, NE
- Upstream Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE