February Club Meeting:
Thursday, February 5, 2014 – 6:30pm – 9:30pm
The Clubhouse – 5000 Tipperary Trail – Lincoln, NE
If you’re one of the first to arrive or last to leave, please lend a hand with putting away tables & chairs, and making sure that everything is left spotless after we use it!
This month’s activity: Brewers-In-Arms Beer Tasting
This month, we’ll be tasting the results from each team project! Remember that in November, we assigned teams based on five countries or regions to our panel of 20 intrepid brewers. These masters of malt then set out in teams of four to execute their mission: to brew the “perfect” indigenous Pale Ale – basically, following the 10A American Pale Ale style guideline, and using only (1) Base malt, (1) Crystal-type malt, (1) specialty malt of their choosing, plus hops and yeast, all of which are native to their assigned region.
Join us next month to hear more from Teams America, England/UK, France/Belgium, Germany, and Southern Hemisphere — we’ll learn what ingredients they chose, how they sourced them, and we’ll get to taste the final result from each team! Many of the teams are bringing more than one variation of their beer!
Whose beer will reign supreme? Your vote will decide!
But wait – There’s more!!! Continue reading
“The Hair Of The Un-Bitten Dog”
4th Annual Beer Tasting & Competition
and Lincoln Lagers Monthly Meeting
Saturday, October 15th, 2010
5:00 P.M.-????? (Until the cows come home or you go home!!)
330 South 44th St. Lincoln, NE
This years theme is: Wisconsin Breweries
This event will have over 20 commercial craft beers provided by DOGS & SPUDS in addition to a few of my home brews.
Admittance is FREE, but we encourage all of those attending to bring a commercial or home brew beer to share. There will be sausages, soup, bread and cheese provided, but I ask that everyone bring a SIDE DISH to share.
Once again this year we are also going to hold a “Best of Show Competition” between the home brewers. This competition will be based on the people’s choice. Everyone in attendance will have a vote to determine the “Best of Show Winner.” The winner will have their name placed on a traveling trophy and a cash prize of $30 will be awarded.
Additional information is on the Lincoln Lagers Forum. Questions can be addressed to Event Host Ryan Cairns, his number is listed in the forum thread.
See you on the 15th!!!
- American Homebrewers Association
- Benson Homebrew Club – Benson (Omaha), NE
- Brauer Unterstützungs Verein – Omaha, NE
- Kansas City Biermeisters
- L.A.G.E.R.S. – Louisville, KY
- Local 402 Brewers Union – Omaha, NE
- OmaHops Brewing Club – Omaha NE
- Railroaders Brew Club – Omaha, NE
- South Omaha Brewers – Omaha, NE
- Benson Brewery – Omaha, NE
- Farnam House Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Gottberg Brewery & Pub – Columbus, NE
- Infusion Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Jaipur Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Lucky Bucket Brewing – Omaha, NE
- Nebraska Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Schilling Bridge Brewery & Winery – Pawnee City, NE
- Scratchtown Brewing – Ord, NE
- Thunderhead Brewing – Kearney, NE
- Upstream Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE