AHA Mead Day
THE AUGUST MEETING
We’re gong to Jason McLaughlin’s place on Sunday, August 8, 2010. It’s also the AHA Mead Day.
We can get things started at 4 pm, and interested parties should bring their carboys and honey to make a mead. The AHA has posted a recipe and instructions for the 2010 event http://wiki.americanhomebrewers.org/MeadDay2010. We will BBQ some food, and people should bring some lawn chairs as well. If any Lincoln Lagers have some finished mead, please bring some for people to try. We could get some type of mead talk, too, from those who attended the NHC last June in Minnesota.
For more info on the August meeting, for discussion, for Jason’s address and directions to his place, please click here to jump over to the Lincoln Lagers forum!
KANSAS CITY HERE WE COME…
2010 BUS TRIP is occurring on SUNDAY, AUGUST 15th.
We have a special behind the scenes tour of KC’s Boulevard Brewery. The plan is to leave at 8 am from the Indian Village Parking Lot, then arrive in KC and take the tour at noon. After that we’ll hang out at the Flying Saucer, an awesome pub with an amazing selection of brew. For the rest of the afternoon there’s plenty to see and do in KC’s Power and Light District. At about 5:30, we’ll board the bus and head on over to Lukas Liquors in Kansas City, for some time to shop and select the finest of beers from breweries we can’t get here. We should have you home in Lincoln between 10 and 10:30 pm.
The actual printed tickets will be available at the August meeting. Until then, the official sign up list will be posted on the club forum. Reserve your seats today. Tickets will probably be $40 again this year for Lincoln Lagers members and that will include lunch and tip for the driver. (Add $5 per ticket if you’re not a LL member.) We should have several door prizes lined up too. Cast your vote for your favorite beer-themed movie for the in flight entertainment. More details will be coming. Let us know if you want to join us on the Lincoln Lagers annual bus trip. Click here for the Bus Trip forum thread.
- American Homebrewers Association
- Benson Homebrew Club – Benson (Omaha), NE
- Brauer Unterstützungs Verein – Omaha, NE
- Kansas City Biermeisters
- L.A.G.E.R.S. – Louisville, KY
- Local 402 Brewers Union – Omaha, NE
- OmaHops Brewing Club – Omaha NE
- Railroaders Brew Club – Omaha, NE
- South Omaha Brewers – Omaha, NE
- Benson Brewery – Omaha, NE
- Farnam House Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Gottberg Brewery & Pub – Columbus, NE
- Infusion Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Jaipur Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Lucky Bucket Brewing – Omaha, NE
- Nebraska Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Schilling Bridge Brewery & Winery – Pawnee City, NE
- Scratchtown Brewing – Ord, NE
- Thunderhead Brewing – Kearney, NE
- Upstream Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE