It’s time again for the annual Members Only Club Picnic and – along with it – the Lady Lagers Mead Contest!
Here’s what you need to know:
Date: September 19th – which is the Huskers’ only Away game in September, vs. Miami, FL.
Time: Food is ready around 5:30pm – You can come as early as 5pm, stay until Tim T. kicks you out (or 10:30-ish).
Place: Tim T’s house – If you don’t know where that is, watch for an email to go out between now and then (or check the Club Forum!).
The club provides the main course – which is still TBD right now! Check back soon.
Members are invited to bring their favorite appetizer, salad, fruit, side, dessert, or what-have-you. (Hint: If you bring fresh baked bread, we WILL eat it all!)
Bring beer, mead, cider, or wine to share! Especially if it’s homebrewed!
Want to bring a KEG?
There are a few open spots on the garage kegerator – we just ask that you message Tim T. so he knows to expect you and your beer. Please bring a bucket & ice — the garage fridge is broken, but it still POURS beer just fine!
Mead Contest details:
– Limit 1 Mead per Person! Bring one bottle (At least 12 oz.) of your finest, best mead! Any vintage – whether 6 months or 6 years old – is welcome! Clean, fruited, funked, whatever your single best batch of mead is, bring us a bottle of that.
– Limit 12 Entries Total! First come first served, get your mead to the party as soon as you can!
– Limit 12 Judges! Calling all Lady Lagers – this competition is just for the ladies!
We are looking for 12 female Lagers members/wives/moms/sisters, etc. (All of legal drinking age, of course!) to put your taste to the test as you try our mead entries, and you will decide together which ONE mead rules them all!
– The winner gets a Lincoln Lagers’ Trucker Hat and bragging rights for the next 12 months!
Check back soon… we’re working on it!
If everything goes as planned, we expect to deliver all of the 2015 Lagers Merchandise at the club meeting! If you ordered merch, be sure to find Chris Evans and pick it up!
If you owe us money for any high-dollar or extra items you may have ordered, please bring cash, a check, or message Chris Evans in advance to pay with PayPal.
We’ll see you in September at the Picnic!
Big shout out to the one and only Doug Finke – brewer extraordinaire – for sealing the deal on our Lincoln Lagers Big Brew Challenge contest. He took on 13 other brewers’ creations – all of which were brewed using the Ploughshare Brewing Co. Farm Boy base wort – and his bad-to-the-bone Honey Braggot dominated the competition!
He has since brewed his scale-up batch of Braggot with Matt Stinchfield – and they report that, after adding 36 Lbs. of Hickman, NE honey – it clocks in at a whopping 11.5% ABV.
Look for Doug’s Braggot on tap at Ploughshare Brewing Co. during the Sower’s Cup weekend! Cheers!
Please join us for the monthly Club Meeting on Sunday, May 3rd, around 4:00pm, at Ploughshare.
We will be finishing up our Big Brew Day back in the brewhouse area, with the club meeting to follow just after our brewday.
For more details visit: http://www.lincolnlagers.com/2015-big-brew-day-may-club-meeting/
February Club Meeting:
Thursday, February 5, 2014 – 6:30pm – 9:30pm
The Clubhouse – 5000 Tipperary Trail – Lincoln, NE
If you’re one of the first to arrive or last to leave, please lend a hand with putting away tables & chairs, and making sure that everything is left spotless after we use it!
This month’s activity: Brewers-In-Arms Beer Tasting
This month, we’ll be tasting the results from each team project! Remember that in November, we assigned teams based on five countries or regions to our panel of 20 intrepid brewers. These masters of malt then set out in teams of four to execute their mission: to brew the “perfect” indigenous Pale Ale – basically, following the 10A American Pale Ale style guideline, and using only (1) Base malt, (1) Crystal-type malt, (1) specialty malt of their choosing, plus hops and yeast, all of which are native to their assigned region.
Join us next month to hear more from Teams America, England/UK, France/Belgium, Germany, and Southern Hemisphere — we’ll learn what ingredients they chose, how they sourced them, and we’ll get to taste the final result from each team! Many of the teams are bringing more than one variation of their beer!
Whose beer will reign supreme? Your vote will decide!
But wait – There’s more!!! Continue reading
- American Homebrewers Association
- Benson Homebrew Club – Benson (Omaha), NE
- Brauer Unterstützungs Verein – Omaha, NE
- Kansas City Biermeisters
- L.A.G.E.R.S. – Louisville, KY
- Local 402 Brewers Union – Omaha, NE
- OmaHops Brewing Club – Omaha NE
- Railroaders Brew Club – Omaha, NE
- South Omaha Brewers – Omaha, NE
- Benson Brewery – Omaha, NE
- Farnam House Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Gottberg Brewery & Pub – Columbus, NE
- Infusion Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Jaipur Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Lucky Bucket Brewing – Omaha, NE
- Nebraska Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Schilling Bridge Brewery & Winery – Pawnee City, NE
- Scratchtown Brewing – Ord, NE
- Thunderhead Brewing – Kearney, NE
- Upstream Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE