Aug. Social Meet-Up at The Happy Raven – Knee Deep Brewery tapping!
Wednesday, August 3rd – 5:00-8:00pm
The Happy Raven, 122 N 11th St.
No homebrews at this month’s Social Meet, please.
Please join us at The Happy Raven for the Lincoln Lagers August Social event, where we have been graciously invited for a sneak peek of the wonderful beers created by Knee Deep Brewing Company before they are released in the state of Nebraska!
Aug. Club Meeting at White Elm Brewing!
Thursday, August 11th – 6:30-9:30pm
White Elm Brewing Co., 2717 S 8th St.
Join us for a sneak-peek at White Elm Brewing, who are nearing completion of their build and almost ready to open to the public!
This month, we’ll be tasting Brewers-In-Arms teams’ Nebraska Pale Ales – each brewed with Nebraska-grown hops including a variety of whole-leaf hops issued to them by the club, provided courtesy of Rhynalds Hops Growers. Bring your taste buds! Get ready to vote for your favorite beer!
The homebrew education topic this month will be 2015 BJCP Styles presented by Chris Evans.
Homebrew policy: Yup, sure! Your brews are welcome.
February Club Meeting:
Thursday, February 5, 2014 – 6:30pm – 9:30pm
The Clubhouse – 5000 Tipperary Trail – Lincoln, NE
If you’re one of the first to arrive or last to leave, please lend a hand with putting away tables & chairs, and making sure that everything is left spotless after we use it!
This month’s activity: Brewers-In-Arms Beer Tasting
This month, we’ll be tasting the results from each team project! Remember that in November, we assigned teams based on five countries or regions to our panel of 20 intrepid brewers. These masters of malt then set out in teams of four to execute their mission: to brew the “perfect” indigenous Pale Ale – basically, following the 10A American Pale Ale style guideline, and using only (1) Base malt, (1) Crystal-type malt, (1) specialty malt of their choosing, plus hops and yeast, all of which are native to their assigned region.
Join us next month to hear more from Teams America, England/UK, France/Belgium, Germany, and Southern Hemisphere — we’ll learn what ingredients they chose, how they sourced them, and we’ll get to taste the final result from each team! Many of the teams are bringing more than one variation of their beer!
Whose beer will reign supreme? Your vote will decide!
But wait – There’s more!!! Continue reading
- American Homebrewers Association
- Benson Homebrew Club – Benson (Omaha), NE
- Brauer Unterstützungs Verein – Omaha, NE
- Kansas City Biermeisters
- L.A.G.E.R.S. – Louisville, KY
- Local 402 Brewers Union – Omaha, NE
- OmaHops Brewing Club – Omaha NE
- Railroaders Brew Club – Omaha, NE
- South Omaha Brewers – Omaha, NE
- Benson Brewery – Omaha, NE
- Farnam House Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Gottberg Brewery & Pub – Columbus, NE
- Infusion Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Jaipur Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Lucky Bucket Brewing – Omaha, NE
- Nebraska Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Schilling Bridge Brewery & Winery – Pawnee City, NE
- Scratchtown Brewing – Ord, NE
- Thunderhead Brewing – Kearney, NE
- Upstream Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE