Come visit the Lincoln Lagers’ booth at Beertopia Extreme Beerfest on Saturday, Feb. 28th!
3 PM to 7 PM – Ralston Arena, 7300 Q St. – Tickets $35 advance, $40 at the door (if any are left)
Buy tickets online at: http://beercornerusa.com/extremebeerfest/
March Club Meeting:
Tuesday, March 1st – Zipline Brewing Co. – 6:30-9:00 PM
Tech Topic lecture provided by Shad Rhynalds – All about hops & growing your own!
The January meeting is on Saturday 1/9/16 at 6pm. It’s held at a private residence – the address is in the club newsletter, and on our forum.
A quick note: Our January meeting/pot-luck holiday dinner event isn’t really the best representation of “what we do” for *brand new* folks who have never attended any club meetings before now – But if you’re already familiar with how the Lagers work, you’ve already decided you want to be a member, and you just need to take care of the formality of paying dues & joining up for 2016, then we welcome you to please join us at this private event.
We’ll be taking membership dues for 2016 ($30.00 – cash or check) – and electing our 2016 officers.
Bring your best pot-luck dish to share! (Any course)
If you’re not 100% ready to join, we encourage you to instead come visit us at our Club Social Event for the month of January. We’re hosting an informal pint night at Ploughshare Brewing Co. on Monday, 1/18/16 from 5:30-7:30pm – We’ll be in the Loft area.
(The policy regarding bringing your own beer to a Social Night event is subject to change each month – For January’s meet-up, please do NOT bring Homebrew with you to the Social Night.)
Our February meeting is Sunday, 2/7/16, from 2:00-4:00pm at The Happy Raven (and all are welcome to stay after 4pm to hang out!).
Our March meeting is Tuesday, 3/1/16, from 6:30-9:30pm at Zipline Brewing Co.
Annual Holiday Pot-Luck Meeting & Officer Elections
Saturday January 9th @ Brian Allison’s home
More details coming soon … Watch for the December Club Newsletter later this month. Cheers!
DATE: Thursday, December 3rd
1940 W Van Dorn St.
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/uHJhTb2uPU52
Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/872137706236586/
Bring homebrew to share! And enjoy some tasty chicken dinner while you’re here!
We’re holding our November Club Meeting on Tuesday 11/10 at Alpha Brewing Operations! Come check out their manufacturing line and ogle all the sweet brewing equipment! Thanks to Jon and his team for letting us use their space!
Tuesday, November 10th
5831 N 58th St., Suite 1 (just off of N 56th St & Fletcher Ave)
On Facebook? Join the event here.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN LEARNING HOW TO HOMEBREW? Are you an extract brewer interested in learning how to brew all-grain, but don’t have the equipment or knowhow? Are you interested in learning the benefits of joining a homebrew club? If the answer is yes to any of these questions, you do not want to miss the AHA Learn to Homebrew Day & homebrew equipment swap meet at Zipline Brewing Company this Sunday, November 1st.
The event is FREE, here are the particulars:
AHA Learn to Homebrew Day/Equipment Swap Meet
November 1st from 12:30pm – 4:30pm
Zipline Brewing Company
2100 Magnum Cir #1 – Lincoln
Facebook event can be found here.
October Club Meeting
Thursday, October 1st
Ploughshare Brewing Co.
1630 P Street
…Kick-Off To The…
The Sower’s Cup
Hosted by the Lincoln Lagers Homebrew Club of Lincoln, Nebraska
October 2nd & 3rd, 2015
It’s time again for the annual Members Only Club Picnic and – along with it – the Lady Lagers Mead Contest!
Here’s what you need to know:
Date: September 19th – which is the Huskers’ only Away game in September, vs. Miami, FL.
Time: Food is ready around 5:30pm – You can come as early as 5pm, stay until Tim T. kicks you out (or 10:30-ish).
Place: Tim T’s house – If you don’t know where that is, watch for an email to go out between now and then (or check the Club Forum!).
The club provides the main course – which is still TBD right now! Check back soon.
Members are invited to bring their favorite appetizer, salad, fruit, side, dessert, or what-have-you. (Hint: If you bring fresh baked bread, we WILL eat it all!)
Bring beer, mead, cider, or wine to share! Especially if it’s homebrewed!
Want to bring a KEG?
There are a few open spots on the garage kegerator – we just ask that you message Tim T. so he knows to expect you and your beer. Please bring a bucket & ice — the garage fridge is broken, but it still POURS beer just fine!
Mead Contest details:
– Limit 1 Mead per Person! Bring one bottle (At least 12 oz.) of your finest, best mead! Any vintage – whether 6 months or 6 years old – is welcome! Clean, fruited, funked, whatever your single best batch of mead is, bring us a bottle of that.
– Limit 12 Entries Total! First come first served, get your mead to the party as soon as you can!
– Limit 12 Judges! Calling all Lady Lagers – this competition is just for the ladies!
We are looking for 12 female Lagers members/wives/moms/sisters, etc. (All of legal drinking age, of course!) to put your taste to the test as you try our mead entries, and you will decide together which ONE mead rules them all!
– The winner gets a Lincoln Lagers’ Trucker Hat and bragging rights for the next 12 months!
Check back soon… we’re working on it!
If everything goes as planned, we expect to deliver all of the 2015 Lagers Merchandise at the club meeting! If you ordered merch, be sure to find Chris Evans and pick it up!
If you owe us money for any high-dollar or extra items you may have ordered, please bring cash, a check, or message Chris Evans in advance to pay with PayPal.
We’ll see you in September at the Picnic!
Big shout out to the one and only Doug Finke – brewer extraordinaire – for sealing the deal on our Lincoln Lagers Big Brew Challenge contest. He took on 13 other brewers’ creations – all of which were brewed using the Ploughshare Brewing Co. Farm Boy base wort – and his bad-to-the-bone Honey Braggot dominated the competition!
He has since brewed his scale-up batch of Braggot with Matt Stinchfield – and they report that, after adding 36 Lbs. of Hickman, NE honey – it clocks in at a whopping 11.5% ABV.
Look for Doug’s Braggot on tap at Ploughshare Brewing Co. during the Sower’s Cup weekend! Cheers!
What: Club Meeting and backyard homebrew gathering – and Big Brew beer tasting!
Where: 6623 Cleveland Ave – Parking available on-street, you can go right ahead into the back yard.
When: Thursday, July 9th — 7:00pm – 9:30pm
We Need: A few more plastic folding tables to set beers out on! If you have one, please bring it!
We will have one or two canopies already set up there when you arrive, and a table for beer.
We will also provide a couple of large round tubs with ice if you need to keep anything cold.
Feel free to bring folding chairs or a picnic blanket. If you have an instant-up type canopy, those are welcome, too (although we should be in full shade by around 7pm).
HOMEBREW & SNACKS:
– Homebrewed beer, mead, wine, cider, maplewine, garlic juice, skeeter pee, and whatever else have you are welcome.
– Feel free to bring a light snack to share with your friends! Doesn’t have to be fancy… just outdoor munchies. (In other words, there will NOT be anywhere to plug in crock pots and such.)
BIG BREW BEER TASTING:
It’s time to taste what we all brewed up at May’s meeting / Big Brew day! Here’s what you need to know:
– Bring as much of your Big Brew beer as you would like to share. At least one growler would be a good start…
– Please bring a sign of some kind with a summary of your beer (8.5″x11″ paper is fine – something to identify you!)
– We hope to set up a few tables for you to pour beer on (but we need someone to bring those tables!) – and we will provide tasting cups.
– Voting for your favorite Big Brew will be done with paper ballots – pick your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd favorite beers then drop your ballot in the submission box.
– Winner wins bragging rights — and who knows, maybe more?
IN CASE OF RAIN, WATCH FOR FACEBOOK POSTS & EMAILS TO THE MAILING LIST.
- American Homebrewers Association
- Benson Homebrew Club – Benson (Omaha), NE
- Brauer Unterstützungs Verein – Omaha, NE
- Kansas City Biermeisters
- L.A.G.E.R.S. – Louisville, KY
- Local 402 Brewers Union – Omaha, NE
- OmaHops Brewing Club – Omaha NE
- Railroaders Brew Club – Omaha, NE
- South Omaha Brewers – Omaha, NE
- Benson Brewery – Omaha, NE
- Borgata Brewery & Distillery – Omaha, NE
- Farnam House Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Gottberg Brewery & Pub – Columbus, NE
- Infusion Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE
- Jaipur Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Lucky Bucket Brewing – Omaha, NE
- Nebraska Brewing Company – Omaha, NE
- Schilling Bridge Brewery & Winery – Pawnee City, NE
- Scratchtown Brewing – Ord, NE
- Spilker Ales – Cortland, NE
- Thunderhead Brewing – Kearney, NE
- Upstream Brewing Co. – Omaha, NE